- It advises persons and companies who believe that they have been defamed.
- It advises persons and companies who are alleged to have published defamatory material.
- It prepares and sends letters of demand.
- It prepares and serves Concerns Notices.
- It prepares and considers offers to make amends.
- It prepares and advises on apologies and retractions.
- It acts for plaintiffs who prosecute defamation proceedings.
- It acts for defendants who are sued for defamation.
- It advises on alternative claims such as for injurious falsehood and for misleading and deceptive conduct (in breach of the Australian Consumer Law).
- It advises publishers about books, articles, and other documents that they wish to publish.
Australian Defamation Lawyers prides itself in undertaking most if not all of the advocacy involved in a defamation case, as well as preparing all necessary documents, thereby avoiding Barristers’ fees. When the need arises, the firm works closely with some of the most prominent Barristers specialising in defamation law in Australia. The firm is conscious of the costs and demands of litigation and will always explore the prospects of a settlement.